Saturday, November 22, 2008

originally written, a great and funny story. scored a c5 anyway. pro story. muz read. by original jokerhar. not me. i would never be able to write so imbaly haha

i tink it's some exam or test. the qn is "The new bus driver".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Alright kids, board the bus quickly, or else we'll be late," said an unfamiliar voice. As I boarded the bus, my eyelids twitched, as if they sensed that something was wrong. I peered at the man behind the steering wheel - he was roughly six feet tall, was rather hairy and had a scar on his left hand.

"Don't look at me like that. Uncle Ben has gone overseas. I'll be covering his duty till her returns. In the meantime, everyone sit tight and enjoy the ride," the driver announced to the students.

Something was not right. I knew for sure that there was something wrong with the bus driver. however, no one else shared my views and feelings. "Maybe it's just me and my over-sensitive brain," I thought.

Two weeks passed by. Uncle Ben still had not returned. Something was definitely wrong. Everyday when I board the bus, I still experience that same omnious feeling. I could not pinpoint what exactly caused me to feel that way. Nothing confirmed my suspicions, until that day...

"Students, we are now going to break off for the two hours of free time, during which you all can roam about as you wish, but," Ms Tan said. "Hurray!" our cheers interrupted Ms Tan. Ms Tan continued with a stern look, "but, the ranger has instructed that all students are to keep away from the lake located east of the swamp. Anyone caught lingering near the restricted area will be severely dealt with."

Curiosity got the better of me and I decided to sneak into the restricted area. I crouched behind a bush and when the rangers there were not looking, I crept stealthily under the fence.

After fifteen minutes of walking, I still spotted nothing. "What's so dangerous about this place?" I muttered to myself.

Suddenly, a thunderous roar filled the air. I quickly took cover behind a log. My heart started to perform paroxysms in my chest as i started to imagine from where or from what the roar had come from. My eyes scanned the area for any impending danger. Spurts of adrenaline coursed through my veins as beads of cold perspiration trickled down my face.

Minutes passed and I had already calmed down. I had already seen, or rather heard enough. Getting back on my feet, I felt a stream of hot air blowing against my neck. My heart froze for a second. I turned around and to my horror, a hairy beasat was standing right behind me, panting and saliva was dripping from his wide open mouth. He was six feet tall, and had an awfully familiar scar on his left hand.

Frightened, I darted right back where I cam from. The beast was right behind me. There was no way I was going to out run that thing. I clamped my eyes shut as I felt the impending doom nearing...

Bang! Someone fired a shot. It hit the beast's right arm. Blood spurt out from his wound. The beast let out a scream as a snarl of agony spread across his face. Clutching his injured arm, it disappeared into the distance.

I escaped the incident with nothing but a few minor scratches. I made a pact with the rangers to keep what I have done from Ms Tan and in return, I would keep what I saw to myself.

"The scar, where did I see it before? Could it be? I mean," I thought as I boarded the bus home.

"Quick, get up the bus," the bus driver interrupted my thoughts.

I felt the sensation of a spider crawling up and down my back when I saw the driver's right arm in a bandage.

"Oh, I fell and injured myself," the driver replied, with his eyes turning bloodshot.

I shivered.

No comments: